Home Buyers Guide to a Successful Real Estate Transaction
If you are a prospective home buyer in today’s competitive real estate market, then it is important to set yourself up for success by making wise choices and surrounding yourself with a team of experienced professionals.
- The first piece of the puzzle is hiring the right Realtor to represent you on the purchase of your home. This can make or break a transaction and choosing the right Realtor is a key component to success. Ask friends and family for their referrals based on their recent experiences, read past client reviews, research online and take the time to interview multiple agents. Hiring a Realtor with a proven track record and one that has area expertise could make all of the difference in your real estate transaction.
- Seek the assistance of a qualified, local lender (Arizona based lender with local underwriting is an absolute necessity). If you aren’t sure where to turn, feel free to reach out and we’d be happy to provide you with a list of experienced local lenders. Your Realtor and your lender will work together to help you secure a contract on the home of your dreams. It is important to have good communication and responsiveness from day 1, because the home buying process can be challenging and stressful at times. Lots of documents and timelines to meet! Working with the right lender and the right Realtor can make the entire process run much more smoothly and successfully.
- At this point, with the right lender and right Realtor on your side, it is time to start the fun of the home search! Allow your Realtor to do the legwork of searching and identifying properties that meet your preferences, but if you find a home online that looks appealing, ask your Realtor for more information! The home search can be a team effort and in the end, what matters most, is that you find the home that is right for you!
- Choose a title company that provides excellent service and representation. Your Realtor may be able to provide a few references for your consideration, but ultimately, the selection of the title company is up to you! In certain circumstances, the seller may ask that you use a specific title company (if they are paying some of your closing costs, or perhaps they are buying another home at the same time that they are selling and using one title company to handle both transactions may be in your benefit), but as the buyer you also have certain rights. When in doubt, ask your Realtor!
- Hire a home inspector with an excellent reputation for identifying potential issues with the house you are planning to purchase. Research online, ask friends or family for referrals, or reach out to your Realtor for a list of home inspectors that might work for you. Don’t skip the home inspection, it is one of the most important parts of any real estate transaction and is a means of protecting the buyer from potential hazards or issues with a property that may not be visible to the common home buyer.
If you are thinking about buying a new home or possibly building a home from the ground up, please don’t hesitate to reach out for advice. We are here to help you make an educated decision on what your best options might be and will guide you through the home buying experience from start to finish.
We are full-time, experienced Realtors working in Queen Creek and the surrounding areas. With decades of East Valley real estate experience under our belts, we are here to answer any questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to reach out to April Anderson at 480.272.1977.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon!
United Brokers Group
21321 E Ocotillo Rd F113
Queen Creek, AZ 85142