You are well prepared for your big trip to Arizona and now that you have arrived, there are a few do’s and don’ts to follow!
1) Advise your Realtor that you have arrived safely as planned, confirm your appointments and discuss the logistics of your trip.
2) If time allows, drive around areas that interest you at different times of day, this will allow you to gain a better understanding of things like traffic and activity levels. If you are especially concerned about commuting times, it is a good idea to travel to and from the location during “rush hours.”
3) Keep a notebook of your thoughts, questions and concerns about various neighborhoods so you can ask your Realtor when you meet.
1) If you are considering new builds or new construction, do not visit the model homes or the sales office without your Realtor present. Having representation will cost you nothing…the builders are ready and willing to pay your Realtor’s commission and your Realtor will ensure your bests interests are being upheld. For more detailed information on why you should always use a Realtor when buying from a builder, click here.
2) If you are driving around neighborhoods or perusing the internet, do not call the number listed on the for sale sign in the yard or the number posted online. Instead, make a note of the listing address/number and call your Realtor directly for more details. Your Realtor will take care of making calls to other agents and setting up showings for you…that is their job and they are happy to do it!
3) Do not forget to stop and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunshine while you are here!
Click here to read my related post called, “What Every Out-of-State Buyer Should Know…”
We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon!