As a 30 plus year resident of the Phoenix area, I have lived in and flourished within the East Valley and enjoy incorporating my insights into your real estate visions and goals. Whether it’s hiking a local trail, landing a 3 pound small-mouth, or harvesting a bushel of home-grown vegetables, I have discovered that focused effort and know how often produce the best results, particularly when you are enjoying the process along the way.
If you, or your friends and family would like a helping hand buying or selling a home in Arizona (or if you are just looking for some good gardening tips), then please don’t hesitate to give me a call at 602.919.2375. I am willing to get my hands dirty for you.
I have lived and worked in the southeast valley for the last 24 years between Mesa, Gilbert, and Queen Creek. This place is my home! As a Queen Creek Realtor I am most familiar with the QC, San Tan Valley and Gilbert areas. Though the southeast valley is my primary stomping grounds I am also quite familiar with the rest of the valley. From Apache Junction to Surprise and South Phoenix to Cave Creek, I’ve got you covered.
My Background and Education
I haven’t always been a city girl though. I was born and raised in a small town in SW Colorado into a large family. As a teenager I went to high school in another small town in northern Arizona. I graduated with honors from Northern Arizona with a B.S. degree majoring in Speech Communication with a minor in Sociology.
With my small town upbringing, along side 9 siblings, I developed a work ethic and independent resourcefulness that only comes from that type of dynamic. I am very crafty and a big DIYer. I love to see the potential in every project, especially when it comes to turning houses into homes.
I married Josh in 2017 and became a proud step mom to 3 more kids on top of 2 of my own. They are all very supportive of my chosen career path in Real Estate. It is my goal to make them all proud as a wife and mom while being the very best businesswoman I can be.
I moved to Arizona 30 years ago because I was in love. What else could have enticed me to leave my native Wisconsin where my family has lived and prospered for generations. What I didn’t know then was how much I would fall in LOVE with Arizona – especially the Queen Creek and surrounding area. After spending several years in Mesa and Gilbert, my husband and I bought a lot and built our first home in Queen Creek. Living in Queen Creek has been a great fit for our family. I have watched this small farming community grow into a thriving and diverse community with many amenities while maintaining its rural town atmosphere.
While living in Arizona I spent many years in the healthcare industry helping people during difficult, life changing circumstances. In addition to my medical field history, being married to a custom home builder and Realtor, I had a front row seat to the ever changing real estate market in Queen Creek. As part of that I’ve had first hand experience staging homes for marketing purposes, designing and remodeling homes, and been involved with the sale and purchase of multiple homes, thorough my association with several well respected custom home builders.
My knowledge and familiarity of the Queen Creek/San Tan area is a benefit to buyers looking to find the perfect home and sellers wanting to sell their home in a timely and profitable fashion.
I mentioned that I moved to Arizona 30 years ago – I’m happy to say that I’m still in love and happily married to the guy that enticed me to make Arizona my home.
I Look forward to working with you!
In today’s unique and challenging real estate world, selecting the Realtor that will serve YOU is critical. Over 92% of all Realtors in our market here in Arizona complete fewer than 6 transactions per year. Short sales, foreclosures, and even traditional sales in specific areas all require focused expertise, and as they say “there is no substitute for experience.” Selecting a full-time agent with a varied and successful professional history, affords you the best opportunity to reach your home buying/selling goals.
Staying on the Same Page
If you believe that buying or selling a home is one of the more significant financial events in the average person’s lifetime, then we are working from vital common ground. Our approach is to treat each step of the process with this foundational belief in mind.
What Makes Us Different
Real estate advertisements, colorful signs and even a set of initials after your name, can make Realtors all appear largely the same. Our team strives to be unique and provide more service than most in so many ways. Here are some examples of “difference makers” that we employ with all of our clients.
- We EDUCATE on the home buying and selling process and arrive at expectations together from the very beginning. Helping you understand the subtleties of bank owned properties, investor flips, new builds and even traditional sales is the best way for you to make informed choices.
- NEGOTIATION SKILLS are critical. While price is a major element, it is far from the only one of importance. We help buyers get the home they want from A-Z and we help sellers get their home sold with the right terms.
- We MANAGE the complete transaction. “Stuff Happens” in virtually every sale or purchase. Some elements, such as what is happening on the other side of the transaction, are outside of our immediate control and require tenacity and diplomacy. We work diligently to manage the flow of the contract and the timelines within. With our detailed understanding of the Arizona contract, we can, and do, hold all parties accountable.
- COMMUNICATION is key. Keeping all parties informed throughout the process cannot be overstated enough. We strive to treat all persons in a transaction how we would want to be treated. This is particularly important for first time home buyers, someone new to Arizona, or out of area clients, but the same standards of service are applied with every one of our clients.
- We give physical SUPPORT to the entire buying and selling process. We attend events such as home inspections, pest inspections and actually are present for closings, lending our experience and expertise when you need it.
- We RETURN CALLS. It’s hard to believe this has to be stated, but it is a vital element in how we conduct business. Calls are returned quickly and always the same business day. This happens for our clients, potential clients, other agents, lenders, and any other parties to transactions.
- We surround ourselves with a like-minded, superior TEAM of loan officers, home inspectors, title and escrow agents, and even pest inspection professionals for the highest level of service in virtually every aspect of the transaction.
- We have AREA SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE. If you need someone that knows the Southeast Valley area like the back of their hand, then we are your team. We live, work and volunteer here and know the area in great detail. Our goal is NOT to be all things to all people, rather to be the BEST thing for the people who wish to join us in our geographic area, share like expectations, and allow us to put our successful methods to work for them.
In closing, with our extensive background in corporate America, and successes in ‘ground up’ small business, we have found ourselves well prepared and suited for a Real Estate career. We treat it seriously, like a business…YOUR BUSINESS! We hope we get a chance to do business together.
-Karen Berg Team